Commissioned by the Chatham Maritime Estate in 2013, TEU delivered the inaugural Chatham Maritime Food and Drink Festival in 2014 and since then the event has grown annually, aside from the interruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The event is one of the most popular and unique food events on Kent’s busy festival calendar, celebrating the county’s wealth of produce, culture, craft and diversity and championing the unique maritime heritage of the River Medway, a history that dates back to the 16th Century. The event and the majority of activities are free to enter and over 20’000 people visit every year.
1 min read
Chatham Maritime Food and Drink Festival
TEU programmes a huge range of activities including music, kids activities, funfair, walkabout, water sports and dragon boat racing at the annual event and generates over 50% of the event’s income through sponsorship deals with local and national firms.
The highlight of the event is the 60+ traders and their amazing food, drink, produce and craft from across Kent and the UK. The food ranges from the best Kent traditions to dishes from across the globe, showcasing the diversity in the region.
- Full live event production and management
- Budget management and fiscal risk
- Agreeing and meeting all KPIs set by the client, the Chatham Maritime Estate
- EMPs including Traffic Management, Health and Safety, Welfare and presenting to the SAG
- Applying for and obtaining all necessary licences, including landowner permissions, premises licence, Temporary Event Notices, PRS and PPL
- Curating and managing traders
- Delivery of all mass serve bars
- Full event staffing provision
- Stakeholder, Business and resident engagement
- Securing sponsorship
- Event Development
- Marketing and PR including targeted marketing to ensure the delivery of a safe event