The Who & Rod Stewart Tour
TEU was recently instructed by Robomagic Live to organize two Green Field site concerts as well as manage their onward dates as part of Rod Stewart and The Who’s nationwide tours. The extensive project required TEU to fulfil a challenging set of tasks in an efficient manner.
Some mentionable tasks TEU took on as part of the contract were to apply for a 25,000-capacity premises license and develop a traffic management plan for a rural road network in an area that had previously not hosted a live music concert. Additionally, ensuring crowd management through the picturesque but challenging site was of utmost importance. A key challenge was to manage local community engagement with the surrounding villages to gain their support for hosting the events, which was a controversial decision.
From the initial planning stages to the final execution, TEU was responsible for ensuring that all deliverables required by the promoter were met, clear lines of communication were maintained, and all stakeholders in the tour (the promoter, the artist, and venues and subcontractors) were properly liaised.
As part of the tour, Production values on shows such as these can be challenging for venues and key stakeholders. TEU’s responsibilities included ensuring that host venues were prepared for the level of production required, such as staging, PA & Lx, and crew. Some other key responsibilities are highlighted below:
- Managing all logistics for every element of the tour including arrival of infrastructure to the venues.
- Ensuring adequate crew are booked and available when needed.
- Ensuring the principal’s personnel were able to meet their responsibilities and had access to everything required of them
- Managing and delivering the principles riders and requirements are met
- Booking and co-ordinating tour catering
- Managing and collating guestlists and all ticket lists pre-show
- Forward planning & booking additional site infrastructure
- Production Office management
- Budget Management and Reporting
- Submitting final settlement to the artist, promoter and venues